Our First Virus:Virus-Free

Imaginainment™

Imaginainment Logo

Taking you to the world of Imaginainment™...



Avio LogoNetwork

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Our First Virus

Well,I was going through a few video sites over the net,searching for some Tutorials...I came across a particular site,that asked me to download some codec in order to view its contents,but before I could try to click ok,the so called "codec" itself was downloaded automatically and tried to execute.An awesome feature in Vista is the Administrator's confirmation message.So,when the executable tried to execute itself,Vista prompted me for confirmation.



Thank goodness,I wasn't a XP user,else,my day would have sucked.This had crashed my browser in the process,but lucky yet,the executable file was still there,but I guess my Anti-Virus packages didn't enjoy it much.Look below to see what I mean.


So..next time,if you see anything asking you for a codec,you must close it immediately....incase you're an XP user,you need to stay on caution and avoid such .

In this case,all the 3 anti-virus packages have seemed to perform well except Counterspy.I have sent the sample to the Counterspy Network through one of their passionate bloggers.



Threat Details:

Avast-Win32:FaDrop[Drp]
AVG -Trojan horse Downloader.Zlob
Avira -DR/Autorun.ltd dropper

0 comments:

 
RssStumble upon
Close(X)

Welcome to the World of Imaginainment™ Imaginainment

This Blog Provides you with the world's finest imaginainment - From Animated movies to Annual Fashion Shows,Imaginainment has it all.What's more is that you get a hands on perspective on how the elements of Imaginainment are being made.Finally,not to forget to mention the fact that everything in and around this Blog is absolutely FREE!.You can subscribe now and get The making of this blog - Pdf (E-book) - Free!

Where do you want to Go>>


Fashion Shows

coming Soon !

Fashion Shows

Animated Movies

> check it out ! <

Movies

Virtual Theatres

coming Soon !

Virtual Theatres

Gaming

coming Soon !

Gaming
More FREE Serivces:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by Google's FeedBurner

Avio


Subscribe now and get Free Goodies !

Disclaimer | Home | About | More Help